We're sorry to hear that you may have purchased from a scam website.
Unfortunately, there is an increasing number of fraudulent websites that use the Merrell name and a similar-looking website as a means of obtaining your personal and/or banking details. These websites are not affiliated with Merrell Australia and it's highly likely that you will either be sent nothing, a counterfeit Merrell product, or an unrelated, inferior product. We recommend the following steps.
- Reach out to your bank immediately to discuss how you can lodge a 'chargeback' and reclaim any funds that you've spent.
- If you would like to report a scam website, please visit www.scamwatch.gov.au.
Tips on detecting a scam website:
- Pay attention to the address bar. Check that the URL starts with https (not http) and look for the closed padlock icon in the address bar to ensure there's a secure connection.
- Assess the price of the item. Does the price or offer seem too good to be true?
- Watch for poor grammar and spelling. Legitimate companies put effort into presenting a professional website.
- Look for reliable contact and return policy information. Can you contact the company via phone or Live Chat?
Unsure if a website stocking Merrell's is safe and legitimate? Have a query about a communication you have received? Please get in touch with our Merrell Experts below and we'll be happy to assist.